Need to make this quick; I'm waiting for a bus at my hotel, it can be here any minute, may have to cut this entry short,
"Hello you buy some-sing" is what you hear a lot here in Hoi An, as opposed to Saigon, where the catch phrase the kids were saying was "Hello where you go," usually from someone peddling some form of transportation. There is a hundred of everything here, so competition is fierce. If there are two vendors nearby of anything, they will practically fall over themselves trying to get your business if you show any interest in what they're selling. If you show no interest, they blurt out a string of english words enticing you to buy or just make it look like thier shop is busy. It really gets annoying here, it's way more than in any other part of Nam I've been to yet
Regardless, I actually had a great time here. the suit I had made turned out to fit really good, although the selction of fabrics that Cam had wasn't the best. It's probbaly why she was so cheap, but you come to Hoi An to get a good cheap suit, and I can probably find something OK in the States for about $150. I guess I really don't need anything too fancy, and even the better fabrics are..l. shit gottaa go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment